Second Line Support Engineer
The Trimble Transport and Logistics business unit, of which the operational and development teams are located in Ieper and Leuven, is looking for a Second Line Support Engineer to join our team in Leuven, Belgium.
As a Second Line Support Engineer, you are responsible for analysing, diagnosing, and solving software and hardware related incidents, requests, and problems. You work as a technical expert to manage incidents which were not resolved by first line support. You will support end-users with a high-level of customer service, to the standards of our customer. Finally you will help to automate first line tasks and activities. In this role you will report to the Service Delivery Manager.
Measures of Success
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track terminal devices issues through to resolution, within agreed response time
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Work closely with First Line to increase the knowledge and effectiveness of the team
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers and follow up to ensure full functionality after troubleshooting
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Have a customer mindset and maintain jovial relationships with customers
Skills & Experience Required
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field or proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk
- Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Android environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues, ITIL certification is a plus
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Collaborative, flexible attitude with strong commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Great problem-solving and communication skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch
About Trimble Transport & Logistics
We are a division of Trimble, whose positioning solutions are used in over 100 countries and in diverse lines of business, ranging from Agriculture, Construction and Surveying to Fleet Management, Public Safety and Consumer Applications. At Trimble, employee satisfaction goes hand in hand with customer satisfaction. Our goal is to build strong relationships that create a robust company and a profitable future. Position yourself with an innovative leader and position yourself for success!
Trimble Transport & Logistics is the leading provider of advanced transport management solutions that maximize productivity and enhance profitability for our customers. We are an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best.
If you think you have what it takes, please send your application to Evy_Geysen@Trimble.com