Technical Support Engineer German / English
The Trimble Transport and Logistics business unit, of which the operational and development teams are located in Ieper and Leuven, is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Ieper.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for supporting our customers with technical (software and hardware) related problems. Additionally, you will be assisting internal operations for the Trimble Transport & Logistics solutions. You will grow to become a specialist in the products of our business with a focus on quality of service.
Key aspects of your daily work are:
- Giving support to customers, with priority for our German speaking customers and dealers
- Investigating and logging customer problems in the ticketing system
- Follow-up of tickets with the customer and second line support out of Belgium
- Performing installation validations via the telephone.
- Assisting on operational activities for the European division of Trimble Transport & Logistics. This includes following up of installations and RMA handling.
- You have a technical background or working experience (IT / Telematics / Electronics / Multimedia / Communication technology)
- You are flexible with working hours to be able to cooperate within a team
- You are customer focused: as you will be in close contact with the customer, effective communication skills are essential
- You think analytical and are able to handle problems in a diplomatic manner
- You will be able to work independently and take ownership, yet enjoy being part of a high-functioning team
- You are eager to learn new things
- Organizing and planning is your passion
- A very good knowledge German and English is essential
- Other languages: Spanish, French, Polish, Dutch or Portuguese are an advantage
- Truck & transport or telecom experience is an advantage