IT Operations Systems Engineer
The Trimble Transport and Logistics business unit, of which the operational and development teams are located in Ieper and Leuven (Belgium), is looking for an IT Operations Systems Engineer to join our team in Leuven, Belgium.
You will be part of the global IT Operations Team for Trimble Transports & Logistics Europe. A division of Trimble Inc. (8000+ employees). We are looking for an open-minded individual who likes collaborating with others. We are working with real-time data and thus we are also a fast-moving organization, evolving quickly. To aid us with this evolution we are adopting new and upcoming technologies that help us with this transformation over multiple products. The adoption of a DevOps culture is ongoing, and we look for a candidate who is a strong believer of this culture. The team member reports to the IT Operations Manager. On-call duties for second line operational incidents, which are accounted for of course.
- Maintaining and improving current systems running in Production
- Working close with developers during release cycles
- Make sure we stay efficient using automation where possible
- Working close with Developers ensuring a good CI/CD pipeline
- Responsible for one or more services, provide consultation for these services
- Interact with internal customers/departments in the design, setup, testing and monitoring of IT solutions
- Troubleshoot intermediate to advanced problems reported by internal customers, systems, or team members; escalating to upper level associates as appropriate
- Understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service to the business; works to anticipate, identify and meet end-user needs
- 3 to 6 years of experience in applying current information technology to specific areas of the business in matrix environment
- You have broad knowledge of Red Hat based Linux operating systems (CentOS 7), applications and their related environments
- You have experience in the installation and tuning of operating systems
- Experience with working in a distributed team across the globe is a plus
- But you are also not afraid to work alone
- Strong influencing skills and strategic thinking
- Basic understanding of ITIL is a plus but not a requirement
- Scripting experience is a plus (python = double plus) but not a requirement
- Experience with any of the following technologies (or similar) is an asset: Ansible, AWS, git, Jira, Jenkins, Nginx, JBoss/WildFly, MySQL is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business Administration or related discipline - or equivalent by experience.
- English: fluent
- An attractive Salary and competitive in the market
- Company car
- Additional extra-legal benefits like meal vouchers, insurances,...
- To know more, come find out!