Software Engineer (Java - Android)
Trimble Transport and Logistics, of which the operational and development teams are located in Ieper and Leuven (Belgium), is looking for a Software Engineer (Java Android) to join our team in Leuven, Belgium.
Our on-board computers are state of the art mobile terminals for transport & logistics. Because of growing and evolving markets, customers want more features. As a Software Engineer your focus will be on enhancing and adding new features to Android software products developed by Trimble Transport & Logistics.
Key aspects of your daily work are:
• You participate in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit integration and system testing of software
• You provide ongoing sustaining support to the product, addressing end to end feature enhancements.
• You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
• You are member of an agile development team, we are working with scrum methodology.
• You are a member of an agile development team and participate in the planning and execution of work items.
• You communicate about the work you are doing and the obstacles you encounter.
• You appreciate assistance from others when needed, but are also willing to provide it back to them.
• You report to the Software Development Manager
• You have profound experience with Java programming and working under Linux
• You have experience with developing Android apps and making architectural decisions
• You know how to work with an agile development process (Scrum).
• Experience with the following items is an advantage:
o developing Java Enterprise software (EJB, JPA, XML, ...)
o developing Java software in an embedded context
o source control (SVN), unit testing (JUnit)
• You are a strong team player but are able to work independently
• You are dedicated to delivering high quality and performant solutions
• You are eager to learn new things, you take ownership and want to get things done
• You have good communication skills, both written and oral
• Full professional proficiency in English is a requirement
About Trimble Transport & Logistics
We are a division of Trimble, whose positioning solutions are used in over 100 countries and in diverse lines of business, ranging from Agriculture, Construction and Surveying to Fleet Management, Public Safety and Consumer Applications. At Trimble, employee satisfaction goes hand in hand with customer satisfaction. Our goal is to build strong relationships that create a robust company and a profitable future. Position yourself with an innovative leader and position yourself for success!
We offer you a career with an innovative leader in telematics solutions
Trimble Transport & Logistics is the leading provider of advanced transport management solutions that maximize productivity and enhance profitability for our customers. We are an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best.
If you are interested in joining an exciting and international company, then please send a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com