Agile Product Manager (Product Owner)
Trimble T&L Europe, a division of Trimble is recruiting for an Agile Product Manager (Product Owner) to fill an opportunity in Leuven, Belgium.
As Agile Product Manager in Trimble T&L europe you will act as Product Owner, focus on driver behavior analytics and eco-driving, and be responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog, to streamline the execution of program priorities, while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team. As product owner you will report to the Product and Strategic Marketing Head.
Measures of Success
In coordination with product and business development management, you initiate and prepares the detailed product definition and detailed user requirements with input from stakeholders, customers, developers and architects, including feasibility assessments and ball-park estimations, ensuring consensus and approval
As a member of the product development team, you are responsible for consistency between the development output and the product definition objectives:You ensure that the support for the product is in place at the time the product is released across the whole organization (engineering, operations, implementation and sales). That includes writing documentation, coordination with marketing (brochures, USP’s), training for the support teams and for the sales force, setting up of OLA’s
- You create and own the team backlog, carrying out grooming activities that ensure its organization, clarification and elaboration. Backlog may include new features, bugs and enhancements
- For each team sprint and release planning session, you elaborate feature stories into user stories that are appropriately sized for each sprint and organized in minimal marketable features, delivering increments that effectively respond to the needs of the business plan
- You assist in decision-making and sequencing of the critical technological components that supports the business functionalities
- When new discoveries impact size or value of work, you renegotiate sprint priorities with stakeholders, by clearly communicating trade-offs, status, release content and dates
- You provide software demos regularly
- In case of features requiring changes across different products, you will coordinate with other product owners, and reach consensus on final delivery date
- You will support delivery activities, and actively participate to CAB
In case of any performance shortfalls against business plan objectives, you ensure organization awareness and take corrective actions or escalates when appropriate
You contribute to market analysis, product business plan and roadmap, to define features, positioning, promotion, distribution and support as well as the market share, revenue and financial targets, effectively supporting the 12-month product rolling forecast
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven working experience as technical product manager / product development manager/ business analyst, steering all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Experience in data and analytics
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Knowledge of FMS, interfaces and Fleet Management systems are valuable assets
- Experience in Logistics, Automotive or Distribution
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix and extremely agile organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
About Trimble Transport & Logistics
We are a division of Trimble, whose positioning solutions are used in over 100 countries and in diverse lines of business, ranging from Agriculture, Construction and Surveying to Fleet Management, Public Safety and Consumer Applications. At Trimble, employee satisfaction goes hand in hand with customer satisfaction. Our goal is to build strong relationships that create a robust company and a profitable future. Position yourself with an innovative leader and position yourself for success!
Trimble Transport & Logistics is the leading provider of advanced transport management solutions that maximize productivity and enhance profitability for our customers. We are an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best.
If you are interested in joining an exciting and international company, then please send a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com.